Sunday, March 22, 2020

Andersen Family Æbleskivers

I visited my grandma, a few weeks ago, and asked her about Æbleskivers. She gave me her pan. Always wanted to try making them.


Ingredients:

  • 2 Cups Buttermilk
  • 2 Cups Flour
  • 3 Eggs
  • 2 Tablespoons Sugar
  • 1 Teaspoon Salt
  • 1 Teaspoon soda
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Cream of Tarter *
Heat an Æbleskiver pan over medium heat.

Beat the egg yolks.
Add the flour, sugar, salt, soda, cream of tarter, and buttermilk to the yolks, in a mixing bowl

Beat the egg whits until peaks appear, and then fold into the mixture.

Spoon about 2 tablespoons if the picture into each crevice of the pan.  Cook until the edged appear dry. This usually takes about three minutes.  Flip with a wooden stick, or a knitting needle.  Cook until the second side is golden brown.



* I added the cream of tarter to the recipe, because baking soda needs and to react with an acid.  I am not sure if the original recipe was confused with baking power.  Maybe I am just wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment